- Case Studies
- Thought Leadership
- Media Center
- Highest Rated
Women and Leadership: What is Your Culture Mirroring?
We need more women in leadership. The business case has been broadcast. Is your organization building a culture that embraces and elevates women in leadership roles?
- What do our own employees and other global leaders see as obstacles to closing the gender gap? What’s needed to overcome them? How do we move from talk to action?
- Can we count on Millennials to be the answer? Is this the generation that really will make the difference?
- Change yourself first – Believe it or don’t bother. Change must be authentic. If not, people see it as a fad that’s here today, gone tomorrow.
- Leadership has to own it – The CEO needs to own the issue. Gender parity cannot be delegated to HR. For commitment to be authentic and aligned with business strategy, change must flow from the top.
- Ask “why not?” – Succession planning must be bolder. Instead of saying, “she doesn’t have the experience,” ask, “what do we need to make it work?”
- Hire people who value people – They will figure out how to optimize all human potential, including women. They will be open to strategies that further work-home balance and measure success on performance and quality of output, not presenteeism.
- Promote a culture of Conscious Inclusion -- Programs don’t change behaviors and don’t improve the numbers. They can even breed complacency, rewarding activity not the results. Accountability lies with senior leadership to promote a culture of Conscious Inclusion.
- Be explicit – Looking at macro numbers tends to produce “pink ghettos” – women over-represented in HR, communications and support roles instead of P&L and staff roles. Women and men must be represented at all levels and in every business unit.
- Be accountable – Business is about outcomes and what you want to achieve. Articulate a talent legacy that spells out how things will change and what it will look like by when. Plan as if it were a strategic business priority or investment—because it is.
Manage your Right Management Subscriptions
We not only respect your privacy, but we respect your inbox too. We don't want to send you any more emails than you want. YOU control the amount and types of emails you receive from us. Use this page anytime to instantly update your email marketing preferences in real-time.
Please verify your personal information and then let us know how we can communicate with you.
Thank you for signing up!
Watch your inbox for the latest thought leadership from Right Management.