- Case Studies
- Thought Leadership
- Media Center
- Highest Rated
Why You Should Rehearse Your Job Interview
To give yourself a leg up on your job search competition, rehearse your job interviews. Follow these tips to improve your job interviewing skills.
- Practice makes perfect. Musicians practice playing their instruments and athletes rehearse their playbooks. Even the military take time out to rehearse routine maneuvers. If you want to improve your interviewing skills, the best way is to practice using them.
- Hone your messaging. Walking into an interview and winging it is the surest way to walk away without a job. By rehearsing your interviews, you can craft and re-craft your personal brand messaging until every word achieves its greatest value.
- Learn how to respond to difficult questions. Some questions are difficult to answer because you don't expect them. Rehearsing job interviews teaches you to expect the unexpected. You'll get better at thinking on your feet, which will impress your potential employers.
- Body language – Interviewers pay attention to body posture. If you don't exude confidence and professionalism during the interview, you will lose a competitive advantage.
- Verbal skill – How you craft your words is just as important as what you say. That includes tone of voice as well as the language you use. Tact and diplomacy are important skills for any job.
- Eye contact – It's important to make eye contact during your job interview. If you can't look your interviewer in the eye, she'll think you're hiding something.
- Listening – Listening is just as important in a job interview as talking. It's important to ensure you understand the questions you are being asked so that you can answer them confidently and accurately.
- Thinking – Job interviews require that you be fast at thinking on your feet. Being quick on your feet means cutting out the “umms” and “uhhs”, but it also means answering difficult questions with confidence and in such a way that your interviewer's perception of you increases relative to your competition for the job.
Manage your Right Management Subscriptions
We not only respect your privacy, but we respect your inbox too. We don't want to send you any more emails than you want. YOU control the amount and types of emails you receive from us. Use this page anytime to instantly update your email marketing preferences in real-time.
Please verify your personal information and then let us know how we can communicate with you.
Thank you for signing up!
Watch your inbox for the latest thought leadership from Right Management.