- Case Studies
- Thought Leadership
- Media Center
- Highest Rated
7 Essential Strategies You Need to Accelerate Digital Maturity
Is Digital Transformation Knocking At Your Door, Or Have You Stepped Through It?
- Invest In Continuous Group Learning & Sharing — Investing in ongoing leadership and workforce learning is a key strategy to digital transformation. The costs associated with transformation are not just financial, but also includes the impact on your organization as well as the ability of individuals to adapt, adjust, and to demonstrate competent agility during transformative stages.
- Connect & Align Leaders On A Trackable Roadmap — Each organization needs to know precisely where they are in terms of digital maturity, and to make sure that leadership is informed and fully committed. Where you are in your enterprise focuses on your function, process, products, market, etc., but ultimately, is based on the demand your customers/clients expect of you and your ability to navigate the data involved that’s usable for you and your clients.
- Increase ‘Systems Thinking’ By All — (Integrating: the whole is greater than the sum of its parts) Instead of thinking about events in isolation, organizations can improve proactivity and better connect the dots between data points. Your organization needs to be looking for root causes, rather than simply responding to symptoms. This type of thinking improves synergies, interdependence and interconnectedness, and helps to shift thinking towards viewing the organization as a living organism.
- Target Teams For ‘New Value Customer Experience’ — Assembling teams is a critical cross-discipline, inter-functional strategy. Enhancing the customer experience demands that teams are diverse and carefully structured to better focus on process, product, internal or working directly with your customers. A wide variety of expertise and experience should make up a team that can leverage data driven insights from digital, while constantly meeting and exceeding the ever-changing needs of your clients.
- Adapt Roles And Capabilities As ‘Pre-Needed’ — Workforce planning and proactive strategies are not a new concept, but they must be updated to enable digital transformation. This includes reimagining both your workforce and leadership roles, as well as the acquisition of new digital roles. Understanding what those roles are, what your organization needs will help you determine what areas to focus on for your leadership development strategies. This is how to best meet your client/customer expectations, and it goes a long way in workforce planning.
- Upcycle The Team Creating Organization Structures, Or ‘Flex-tures’ — New organizational structures are trending at increasing rates because of their importance to understanding digital business needs. Adjusting how your organization is structured will help shed new light on what needs to be rearranged or reformatted to better operate in a digital environment. These structures are often more decentralized, yet remain inter-connected across networks, ecosystems, platforms, communities and leadership networks. The inclusion of flexible roles that are less defined, but more cross-functional in capabilities is another key piece of this strategy. Many different attributes of flexible roles and broader structures are what’s going to create an upcycled organizational design toolkit organization leadership will be responsible for.
- Make Meaning And Connect Purpose At All Levels — Over the last several years, people’s views on work and connecting purpose with work have been changing. With all the changes to work, roles and capabilities, there’s no substitute to making sure your people understand what’s important to the organization’s mission, the client/customer values towards your products, and connecting that purpose at all levels of the organization. Your leaders are responsible for continuously maintaining that connection through talent management and development strategies.
Manage your Right Management Subscriptions
We not only respect your privacy, but we respect your inbox too. We don't want to send you any more emails than you want. YOU control the amount and types of emails you receive from us. Use this page anytime to instantly update your email marketing preferences in real-time.
Please verify your personal information and then let us know how we can communicate with you.
Thank you for signing up!
Watch your inbox for the latest thought leadership from Right Management.