- Case Studies
- Thought Leadership
- Media Center
- Highest Rated
5 Simple Resume Writing Hacks That Will Make You Stand Out
Getting the job interview in today's competitive job search environment means creating a resume that stands out in the crowd. Here are five hacks that will do just that.
- Customize your resume by using words pulled from the job description. You'll impress your potential interviewer if you use the language they used in their job ad. Read the job description carefully, and when you describe duties and achievements at previous jobs, use the words you find in the job description to show that you have the requisite experience.
- Give your resume a title. Most job seekers don't do this. They just put their name and contact information at the top of the resume and hope it catches someone's attention. If you give your resume a suitable title that is relevant to the job you are seeking, it is more likely to catch its reviewer's attention and land you a job interview.
- Bold important words. You have six seconds to grab the reader's attention. By bolding important words in your resume, you make it easier for the reviewer to find the information they are looking for, which will save them time and increase your chances for a job interview.
- Make it “scannable.” Today's interviewing managers spend a lot of time online reading blogs, website content, and other online copy that is easy to scan. Make your resume scannable by using bullet points, lots of white space, subheads, and other visual features.
- Customize to the job you are applying for. That includes keywords that will make your resume search engine friendly and increase your chances of getting the job interview because you make it easy for the person reviewing resumes to see if you have the necessary skills to perform the job.
Manage your Right Management Subscriptions
We not only respect your privacy, but we respect your inbox too. We don't want to send you any more emails than you want. YOU control the amount and types of emails you receive from us. Use this page anytime to instantly update your email marketing preferences in real-time.
Please verify your personal information and then let us know how we can communicate with you.
Thank you for signing up!
Watch your inbox for the latest thought leadership from Right Management.