Creating an Engaging LinkedIn Headline
- An engaging LinkedIn headline has three parts: Job Title, Solution, and Credibility.
- You have 120 characters to work with to create your headline, make every one count. Use it to highlight your skills, experience and credibility.
- List your job titles in order of importance since LinkedIn’s search algorithm places more emphasis on the words listed first. Separate each job title with a pipe (| – vertical line above the backward slash on your keyboard) because the LinkedIn system doesn’t recognize certain symbols.
- Do you have a notable accomplishment such as increased the revenues of your clients, include that as well.
- Conduct a search within LinkedIn using your most important job title. Do you appear in the search results? How does your headline look in relation to other headlines? If you were a hiring manager, would you be motivated to click to view your profile based on what you saw? Does your headline speak to your ideal client?
- Use standard job titles that recruiters and hiring managers would use in a search to find talent. Track how many people have viewed your profile in the past week, tweak your LinkedIn headline and monitor any changes in the number of profile views.
- Financial Analyst MBA/AFA | Controller | Securities Analyst CSA – Biotechnology/Manufacturing.
- Tax Accountant CPA | Specialist in family-owned businesses with revenues of $10-$25 million
- Accomplished Sales Professional M.Sc./CSE ◊ Sales Force Automation ◊ CRM – Travel & Hospitality
- Experienced Human Resources Manager PHR/SPHR | Banking/Financial Services
- Looking to grow your mid-sized company? Project Manager PMP | Specialize in mergers/acquisitions integration for SME
Manage your Right Management Subscriptions
We not only respect your privacy, but we respect your inbox too. We don't want to send you any more emails than you want. YOU control the amount and types of emails you receive from us. Use this page anytime to instantly update your email marketing preferences in real-time.
Please verify your personal information and then let us know how we can communicate with you.
Thank you for signing up!
Watch your inbox for the latest thought leadership from Right Management.