Are You Looking for a Job and Over 50? Here’s What You Need to Know about Social Media
A recent report from the Pew Research Center’s Internet & American Life Project found that social media use among people over 50 is growing faster than for any other age group. Despite this, there are still many people over 50 who are daunted by social media networking. If you are in this age group, suddenly unemployed, and not comfortable with using social media during job search, here are some posts that will help you to navigate your way to a new job.
- This post is the perfect place to start if you are a social media networking newbie.
- Networking is about relationships, and LinkedIn is an excellent way to connect/reconnect with people from your present and past – former coworkers, fellow alumni and people who you met at events. This post offers guidelines on how to start growing and managing your contacts using LinkedIn.
- You may be reluctant to use social media to find a new job, especially if you were in your last job for more than 10 years, but the reality is that you do not have an option. The good news is that this post offers some useful tips.
- LinkedIn is the social media platform for professionals, but more and more recruiters and hiring managers are using Twitter as well. Learn what you need to do to use this platform to find a new job.
- It’s been said before that LinkedIn is the social media platform of choice for professionals, therefore a certain level of professionalism is expected. This post will help you to learn the proper etiquette for using this social media platform.
- Most hiring managers and recruiters are using LinkedIn to source talent, therefore you have to have an engaging headline so they will want to click through to view your profile when you show up in a search. Study these tips so that you will get found.
- This post is geared toward employers. But by paying attention to the three tips offered you can use them to your benefit. For instance, if you are interested in a specific company, check out their website to see if any jobs are advertised there, and also follow the company on Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook.
These seven posts will give you a solid introduction to social media networking, and in no time, you will be able to use online techniques to find and secure new employment opportunities.
Manage your Right Management Subscriptions
We not only respect your privacy, but we respect your inbox too. We don't want to send you any more emails than you want. YOU control the amount and types of emails you receive from us. Use this page anytime to instantly update your email marketing preferences in real-time.
Please verify your personal information and then let us know how we can communicate with you.
Thank you for signing up!
Watch your inbox for the latest thought leadership from Right Management.