ManpowerGroup believes that its values should be reflected and embraced by all of its business partners throughout the entire supply chain. Operating in nearly 80 countries and territories around the world, we engage a broad base of suppliers from across the globe. We expect our suppliers to operate in a responsible and ethical manner while managing their impact on the environment.
We seek assurance that our suppliers understand and commit to the principles outlined in our Supplier Code of Conduct (“Supplier Code”), which is based on the United Nations Global Compact, the ILO Declaration on Fundamental Principles and Rights at Work and the Athens Ethical Principles.
We will develop supplier alignment with our standards by incorporating the Supplier Code into our supplier approval processes. The expectation is that, where there are differences, ManpowerGroup and the supplier will agree on an acceptable level of consistency and that the supplier will actively work toward achieving the desired level of performance. As a last resort, we are prepared to terminate business with any supplier that does not demonstrate progress toward aligning their operations with our Supplier Code.
ManpowerGroup has adopted a zero tolerance policy against forced labor, child labor and human trafficking. We will not knowingly do business with any company that benefits in any way from the trafficking or abusive treatment of workers.
Supplier Code of Conduct
ManpowerGroup expects our supply chain business partners to be committed to business principles, culture and values that align with our own commitments to social responsibility and sustainability, and to provide positive assurance regarding of their commitment to the key business practices outlined below.
Obeying the Law
1. Compliance with all applicable laws and regulations of the jurisdiction where operations are undertaken.
2. No offer or attempt at improper advantage, including the payment or acceptance of bribes, to secure delivery of goods or services.
3. Provision of safe and healthy working conditions for all employees.
4. Zero tolerance of human trafficking.
5. No use of any form of forced or compulsory labor; and freedom of employees to leave employment after reasonable notice.
6. No use of child labor; and compliance with relevant International Labor Organization standards.
7. No discrimination due to race, color, religion, national origin, cultural background, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity, or any other protected status in the jurisdiction where operations are undertaken.
8. Wage and working hours complying, at a minimum, with applicable laws, rules and regulations regarding employment, including minimum wage, overtime and maximum working hours in the jurisdiction concerned.
9. Respect for the right of employees to freedom of association and collective bargaining.
10. Ensure the privacy and protection of personal and sensitive information and data.
11. Provision of training and learning opportunities.
Clients and Customers
12. Delivery of services that consistently meet specified quality, safety and data privacy and other relevant criteria.
14. Management of the business in an environmentally sound manner, including compliance with all relevant legislation of the jurisdiction where operations are undertaken.